The first step in becoming an official Tulane recognized organization is to fill out this OrgSync form.
- You will fill the form out on behalf of yourself which will guide you through questions asking about the details of your proposed organization
- You will need at least 3 members to be a part of the exec board (President, Vice-President, and Treasurer)
- You will need a faculty or staff advisor (CACTUS can help you get a staff advisor from the Center for Public Service if you cannot find one)
- You will then have the option to pick which Undergraduate Student Government (USG) Council you will under. Please read through all of the options to find the right match.
- You will need to create a Constitution for the organization. There is a model constitution attached in the OrgSync form that you can use to go off of
- You will need a membership list with at least 10 members (it is best to have a mix of freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors so the USG committee can see that there will be interested students to carry on the organization in years to follow)
Once that form is submitted, the USG Vice President of Student Organizations, will contact you to find a time to present your organization to a committee of council chairs for approval. If the committee grants your organization approval, you will be placed under provisional status for at least 3 months. This is a time where you will be able to reserve rooms/quads on campus for events or meetings, build up your membership, and take some time to start doing some programming related to the mission of your organization. Once your provisional period has expired, you will be invited back to the USG committee to present to the council chairs again. Hopefully by that time you will have some positive news regarding the organization to present and we will vote again to either extend the provisional status or grant you active status. Active status would give you the ability to apply for a budget through the Undergraduate Student Government and continue to carry out the goals in your organization’s mission.
Once you are granted either provisional or active status through USG, you will be able to create an organization OrgSync Portal under the CACTUS umbrella to start recruiting volunteers and planning programs! You will also have access to the CACTUS Transportation Request Form to start applying for single or routine service trips around the city!
The entire CACTUS executive board is here to offer you assistance through the entire process! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.