- CACTUS Academy is a social justice leadership development program for first-year Tulane undergraduate students and first-year transfer students, sponsored by the CACTUS council and the Center for Public Service.
- The program targets students with an interest in the CACTUS council, social activism, and a desire to develop skills and knowledge that will prepare them to become actively involved in community engagement student organizations, and social justice work during and after their time at Tulane.
- The Academy provides an introduction to CACTUS and CACTUS organizations, as well as an introduction to social justice issues such as gender, sexuality, race, social services, legal rights, and community organizing, among others.
- Knowledge-sharing workshops and facilitated group discussions encourage future leaders to increase their understanding, explore their feelings, and identify the issues with which they would like to become involved.
- Exposure to social justice advocates working on the Tulane campus and throughout the New Orleans local community offers participating students the opportunity to form important relationships and begin to build their professional social justice network.
Apply on OrgSync at the link below by September 17, 2018!